TRAINEE ACCOUNTANT - CORPORATE BANKING
Our client a leading corporate banking entity are currently recruiting for a Trainee Accountant to work within their small finance team. This role will offer the successful candidate unrivalled exposure within a corporate banking environment while getting hands on experience dealing with large corporate lending and bond transactions.
This role will suit someone looking to do their ACCA or ACA exams or someone Part Qualified and looking to get into an accountancy position within a corporate bank.
This is a varied role with excellent international exposure and a wide remit of responsibility. Excellent culture and work life balance
1. Prepare monthly management accounts including all backup schedules and ensure that all reports are submitted to management.
2. Ensure the in house accounting system is maintained and updated daily and reconciled monthly with differences reported to Head Office for amendment.
3. Prepare business activity analysis reports pack each month and any other various reports thereafter required by management.
4. Preparation of budgets and forecasts as requested by management.
5. Ensure all cheque and direct debit payments are made accurately and on time.
6. Prepare and submit CSO report on time each quarter.
7. Maintain record of VAT payments and reconciliations and ensure accurate and timely submission of bimonthly returns.
8. Maintain Euro cash level ensuring current account has sufficient funds and all surplus funds are placed on deposit.
9. Assist in the preparation of the Irish Statutory Accounts and liaise with the company's auditors.
10. Assist in the preparation of Corporation Tax returns and submission to the Revenue.
11. Monitor all maintenance contracts including review and prepare proposal for renewal e.g. office insurance, cleaning, computer maintenance etc.
12. Maintain Fixed Asset register including proposal for purchases and disposals.
13. Maintain and control monthly expenses including comparison with budget and assist in preparation of annual expense budget.
14. Prepare monthly file for submission to the CCR (Central Credit Register).
15. Maintenance/Backup of all computer data.
16. To assist in ensuring that the company complies with all regulatory and legal requirements, including:
Financial Regulator regulations and guidelines
Company Act – Keep up to date - especially regarding impact of recent changes on our company.
Revenue Authorities – Keep up to date and provide advice on changes in taxation rules – Local and International Tax.
Accounting Policies – Keep up to date and provide advice on changes in accounting policies e.g IFRS 16, IFRS 9.
Internal procedures – including preparation of disaster plan and general office security.
Assist Senior Management in all statutory, taxation and regulatory matters as required.
Provide full back-up for the settlements function when necessary to ensure the following;
All cash movements are executed on a timely and accurate basis.
All correspondence is distributed to clients on a timely and accurate basis including interest rate settings etc.
Relevant daily information is recorded and confirmed e.g. Libor rates, chase statement.
Salary: €35,000 - €43,000
Location: Dublin City Centre