CREDIT PORTFOLIO MANAGER - MONITORING
My client a leading bank is currently seeking a Credit Portfolio Manager to help run and oversee a team within their asset finance & SME lending division. As a Manager within the Credit Portfolio Management team, you will play a key role in the identification, assessment, management, mitigation, monitoring and reporting of Credit Risk for the SME (Small and Medium-sized Enterprise) and AF (Asset Finance) portfolios through the full Credit Risk lifecycle in line with the Bank’s risk appetite.
You will join a hybrid working team within the Group Risk Function reporting to the Senior Manager, Credit Portfolio Management- SME & Asset Finance with two direct report analysts.
Excellent career progression, outstanding training and development opportunities and a full package of benefits are on offer.
· Oversee the design and development of ongoing monitoring and management of portfolio asset quality for the AF portfolio together with monitoring and management of the expanded SME portfolio
· Lead your team in maintaining / enhancing a framework for all SME and Asset Finance Credit MI, ensuring robust reporting processes are in place and that all reporting remains relevant, up to date and is produced within agreed timelines
· Work with the Collections and Recoveries function to ensure reporting is in place to review performance and drive collections strategy
· Manage the working relationship with the Reporting Systems and Regulatory Reporting teams including overseeing change
· Drive the development of the current analyst team through robust performance management, mentoring and recruitment where necessary
· Provide assurance that the Credit Portfolio Management function is prepared for internal/external audits and co-ordinate responses and activity on behalf of the Chief Credit Officer
· Construct the strategic direction or ‘vision’ for the SME and AF Portfolio Management team alongside the Senior Manager
· Management experience in a similar environment with a good understanding of retail banking products preferably (SME and Asset Finance)
· Highly PC literate with data analytics experience using SAS or SQL and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
· Well-developed report writing and presentation skills and a proven ability to interact at senior levels within the organisation
· An innovative, creative approach to problem solving
· Adopts change, with solid project management skills and a demonstrated ability to lead in a team environment with changing priorities and time pressures
· Ability to prioritise workloads and show determination and flexibility to deliver during challenging timeframes
· Third level qualification in a relevant subject area or 5 years’ relevant experience
· An ability to embrace change
· The knowledge of when to raise issues through appropriate channels.
Salary: €80,000 - €85,000